SMIF would love to work with you and tailor events / activities to what you have the time and capacity for. We have the capability to conduct completely in-classroom activities, at-school field trips such as STEM days, career days, or science nights, field trips to SMIF on Duke University campus, Zoom visits to your classroom, or combinations of any of the above.
- Guided Tour of SMIF Facilities
- Scanning Electron Microscope Usage (Virtual or In-Person)
- Micro-CT and 3D Printing Demonstration
- Light Microscope Usage with SMIF-Provided Samples
- Size and Scale Activity (How Small is Nano?)
- Cleanroom Suit Try-On
- UV Paper (Photolithography Parallel)
- UV Bead Bracelet / Keychain Making
Please feel free to explore the drop-down menu on the left or to click any of hte links above to get more specific information about each of the outreach activities currently offered by SMIF.