The Hummink capillary printer utilizes a very small diameter glass pipette to hold a printing fluid. A tuned harmonic oscillator allows the pipette to be held at a constant distance from the sample surface, allowing capillary forces to pull the printing fluid to the sample surface.
Watch this Hummink video for a visual description of the process.
- No mask required
- Room temperature
- Print any fluid desired (up to 100,000 cP viscosity)*
(* SMIF provides only silver ink, all other fluids are user-supplied)
- Adapts to substrate topography / roughness
Printing resolution: 100nm – 50um*
(* tip dependent; SMIF only supplies 1.5um and 5um tips, users can purchase their own tips if desired)
- XY positioning precision: 20nm
- Z positioning precision: 5nm
- XY travel range: 160mm x 160mm
- Maximum substrate size: 250mm x 250mm