SMIF uses the CoreResearch@Duke system for equipment and instrument scheduling. You can access CoreResearch@Duke by clicking here. The following User Guides will assist you in making and editing reservations, and starting/stopping actual usage:
- Making a Reservation in CoreResearch for a SMIF Instrument
- Editing a Reservation or Usage
- Start-Stop an Instrument Reservation to Record Actual Usage
- Start-Stop Cleanroom or Sample Prep Lab Usage (Tool Groups) - Condensed
- Start-Stop Cleanroom or Sample Prep Lab Usage (Tool Groups) - Full
- Setting CoreResearch Email Notification Preferences
Important Things to Know about CoreResearch@Duke
- You must have a Duke NetID and password to login and use CoreResearch@Duke
- CoreResearch works ONLY on Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Safari. Mozilla FireFox is not a supported browser at this time.
- SMIF bills you based on your actual usage of the instrument or lab. However, the system defaults to your reserved time for billing if you do not start/stop your reservation manually. This also means that you will be billed for your reservation if you do not show up, unless you cancel the reservation ahead of time.
- If you can’t login to CoreResearch@Duke or Select a Fund Code when trying to make a reservation: this means you probably have not been set up with a fundcode/project. For Duke internal users, only your PI or Grant Manager can set you up – this can’t be done by SMIF. For External (Non-Duke) users please contact email@example.com to get set up in the system.
- If you can’t reserve time on equipment that you previously could: Please contact SMIF staff. Your equipment certification may not have properly transferred from SMIF’s old system to CoreResearch@Duke.
Equipment Reservation Rules
All equipment is available to qualified users as follows:
- Cleanroom Fabrication Lab: 7am to 12midnight, 7 days a week
- All other Labs: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
All equipment can be reserved up to 1 month in advance
The following instruments have limits on the length of a reservation:
- AFM1: 4 hours
- EBL1: 8 hours
- EVAP2: 4 hours
- MICROCT1: 4 hours
- SEM1: 3 hours
- SEM2: 3 hours
- TEM2: 4 hours