The Nicolet 8700 is Thermo Electron's premier research FT-IR spectrometer. It provides superior performance and advanced scanning capabilities, including step-scan spectroscopy. Step-scan spectroscopy eliminates Fourier modulation interference encountered in conventional, continuous-scan FT-IR. It also allows measurements to be made as an explicit function of time, phase, or space.
Measurements can be made in a transmission configuration, or a "Smart Performer" accessory can be used for Attenuated Total Reflection (ATR) measurements.
- Optical spectrum measurements (transmission, absorbance) over a wavenumber range of 7800-350 cm-1
- ATR (Attenuated Total Reflection) measurements of solids and liquids
- Nicolet FT-IR "Smart System" which automatically links the set-up, testing, operation, software, and sampling accessories.
- Smart Performer ATR module with Ge crystal
- Tungsten-Halogen Near-IR/Visible source
- Precision cast optics, including:
- Gold vectra-Piezo Interferometer
- XT-KBr beamsplitter
- TE cooled DLaTGS detector with KBr window
- Interfaces and adapters for adding optical components and detectors
- "OMNIC" software for complete data collection and processing, including automated comparison of data with library spectra
- Spectral Range: 7800-350cm-1
- Wavenumber Precision: 0.01 cm-1
- Optical Resolution: 0.125 cm-1
- Peak-to-Peak Noise: <8.68 x10-5 absorbance units